This is the toddler in question at the beginning of our adventure. You can feel the anticipation, can't you?
Goats and deer. It was baby heaven. I let her off the reins for this bit.
It had never occurred to me that deer would go mad for dried spaghetti, but it was great for little fingers - no chance of getting bitten and plenty of crunched-off leftovers scattered on the ground to be picked up for another round. The deer seemed to enjoy it too.
Feeding goats is almost as cool as deer. Almost.
I don't know what he was saying to her, but she was enthralled.
- getting a hug from an extremely friendly bulldog
- licking stones with a baby friend until they had matching dirt moustaches
- walking around the mostly-empty biergarten tables and benches (it must be like a maze when you're only 90cm tall)
- running around on the grass
- acquiring vast amounts of dirt about her person
- becoming averse to shoes and socks and insisting on rolling her trousers up to the knee
- being forcibly kept awake on the tram home
I'm looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings. I hope I can convince her to put her shoes on.