Wednesday 13 April 2011

Day Thirteen: Therme Erding

I was fiendishly excited to take the toddler here, although I've been a couple of times I'd never taken her and I was certain she'd love it. I wasn't wrong. The day started with public transport chaos; although I complain along with everyone else when things go wrong, today "things going wrong" entailed a twelve minute delay and a couple of people getting on the wrong train thinking it was going to the airport. We're very lucky here, really.


The train goes through Grub on the way. It isn't as funny as some of the other German place names, but it makes me smile all the same.


Reclining at the Therne with our towels on our sunbeds.


We stopped for lunch.


After lunch we went into the baby pool after a pre-lunch bounce around the big pool (no photos of this because wrangling a baby and a camera alone is a recipe for disaster). The toddler was a bit unsure at first.


... but before long she was confident enough to shake me off. She also made a friend, a six year old boy who chattered away to me in a German accent (Dusseldorf?) that I could not understand. She started giving him spontaneous hugs; I hope this isn't the start of things to come.


Three minutes after we left the changing rooms she was fast asleep and she stayed that way for the walk to the station, the wait for the train, the train journey itself and the walk back home. I'm sort of hoping to repeat this excursion, it was so much fun. Maybe next time with an extra pair of hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment